Saturday 8 March 2014

Guardians of the Covenant Fellblade Superheavy Tank - Part VIII:Weathering

Hello folks,
To celebrate the warmest 8 March ever in  recorded history, I decided to put some effort into bringing this beast of a tank a giant leap further to completion. I've started weathering heavily. Using a lot of carefully applied Typhus Corrosion on the bottom of the hull, near the tracks and on the wheels supporting the tracks, I made it nice and dirty. I made sure to include the many rivets as well. Nothing beats a little rust on the model to give it an ancient feel.
The red areas saw some weathering as well, with Typhus Corrosion in the corners and  carefully application of Boltgun Metal with a piece of foam (from an old GW metal blister) to give it the impression of chipped paint. After that, I went to work with Forge World's weathering powders, as seen in the background. I used some dark earth pigment on the tracks and some black soot pigment on the cannons. Afterwards I sealed that with some Army Painter matt varnish.
Last but not least, I started to work with transfers, or decals whatever you wish to refer to. I used a lot of GW transfers around the tank and the turret dome, such as aquilas and hazard stripes and first and foremost, my very own printed decals with the crossed swords Chapter device, that makes it distinctively Guardians of the Covenant.
I'd say it's 90 per cent done here. With the Demolisher cannon, the Tank Commander and some various other details still needing some work.
I'll keep you guys updated.

-Revan88





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...